The next day, we headed to the pumpkin patch. Dreamfield Pumpkin Patch, actually. To us, it was more like a nightmare!! We are still getting used to going out and about with two children, one of which has to eat every three hours. Eat, like nurse, not like bottle. Upon our arrival, we noticed about 8 Montgomery County School Buses. We thought we had picked a great day to go and that we would have the place all to ourselves. We quickly realized that wasn't going to happen! As we walked up, Benton peed all over himself and me before we even paid to get in the pumpkin patch. It is beyond me how the child can pee on everything and still have a dry diaper...it is a boy thing I guess! We pay our admission, and I go to the girls bathroom to change his clothes. When I came out, Haisley had peed all over her bloomers. She has never peed on her bloomers...EVER! So I go back in the bathroom and change her. By this time, it is time for Benton to eat. There were about 15 picnic tables under a shade tree, and they weren't being occupied by ANYONE so I decide that I could feed him there while Mark and Haisley enjoy seeing the farm animals. I get all set up to feed him and two Asian women come sit basically in my lap. It was a disaster. About 3 minutes into feeding him, a gazillion children file up to the picnic tables to eat lunch. Did I mention DISASTER?? I'm pretty sure I flashed at least a dozen elementary aged children. We figured that while the other children ate lunch it would be a great time for Haisley to get able to do some of the activities. We got through the tractor exhibit and walked to the corn pit when Benton had an enormous blow out. His second (and only) backup outfit was covered in poop. We made our way back to the bathroom and Mark volunteered to change him. They stayed in the bathroom about 15 minutes and when they came out Benton was naked and Mark said that we should probably go. Benton had peed on EVERYTHING in the bathroom. At this point in our day, every person in our family was covered in pee. We had been at the pumpkin patch for a little over an hour, spent thirty dollars, driven over an hour, and had not even taken the hay ride down to the pumpkin patch! When we got to the car all we could do was laugh! Mark said that he did not have fun and the only pumpkin patch he was going to in the future was one at Wal-Mart! Funny coming from Mark! Anyways, you would never know from these pictures that we were all miserable!
As if we had not had enough fun for the day, we decided to carve a STORE BOUGHT pumpkin when we got home. I mean, what better to do with two fussy children who had too short a nap??
Isn't Haisley dressed cute?? And, that's right, Haisley Grace is in panties. She requested to wear them, so I let her. It wasn't too long before they were soaking wet. We were all already covered in pee, so why not?? If you are wondering where Benton and I were, he was eating...AGAIN!!
To finish a too long day, we went to the fall festival at Parkway. That was probably the highlight of the day for Haisley. She looked pretty darn cute dressed as a cowgirl. Benton was dressed as a precious, adorable newborn baby boy!!
The next day we enjoyed trick-or-treating with Aunt Amandas family. I had practiced with Haisley about how it worked. I told her that she would knock on the door and say, "Trick-or-treat" and they would drop candy in her bucket. She arrived at her first house and when they opened the door her response was, "Drop it." Too funny and precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment