Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Benton's 1st Month







Benton's first month has flown by, even more quickly than Haisley's.  I took Benton to the doctor yesterday and he was a champ.  I actually took him because he has been spitting up pretty bad.  Since we were a day early from his one month birthday, I have to go back for his shots next week.  Our sweet angel had the following stats:
Weight:  9 lbs, 2 oz ~25 %
Length:  21 inches ~25%
Weight for Length: ~50%
Head Circumference:  14.5 inches ~25%
He is definately bigger than Haisley!  He has been in size 1 diapers since we got home from the hospital.  He is mainly in newborn and 0-3 month clothes.  Sleeping at night has been quit interesting.  I swore I would be putting him in the crib from day one, but it is so much easier for him to be in our room since I am nursing him.  I have noticed a trend with him wanting to take an afternoon nap about the same time that Haisley does everyday.  Cue the Hallelujah chorus!!!  Such a blessing!  Plus, the last two days, he has taken that nap swaddled in his crib, and slept in his crib at night!!  He eats every 3 hours.  I am not nearly as bad of a schedule nazi like I was with Haisley.  With Haisley, I did not allow her to eat a minute before or after three hours.  With Benton, I will go ahead and feed him if he is screaming at 2.5 hours, and let him continue sleeping beyond the three hour mark. 
Benton has definately had a more eventful month than Haisley did.  Breastfeeding is going very good, so I feel comfortable leaving the house (minus the pumpkin patch debacle).  We are adjusting to having two little ones, and Haisley continues to be a great big sister.  She is always ready to give a paci, give hugs and kisses, and is usually pretty gentle with the little guy.  You are very loved, sweet Benton!  We can't remember our lives before you! 

 
Our little Auburn elf.







No comments:

Post a Comment