Some pictures from our hospital stay. We finally got to leave the hospital around 6:30 on Saturday night. We had to leave the hospital in a somewhat rushed manner, so I did not get the opportunity to take all of the going home pictures of Haisley that I wanted to take. I took my time picking out the perfect coming home dress for our sweet girl, so we will doing a reinactment very soon!
Her bassinet sign....
Precious angel
Both sets of grandparents gave Haisley some beautiful flowers. Of course they are pink because that is her favorite color...just like her mommy.
We finally made in home and the fun really begun. The first few nights we did not sleep at all! I am attempting to breastfeed, which means that she eats every two hours. Although she was born weighing 6 lbs 15 oz, by the time we left the hospital she weighed 6 lbs, 11 oz. We couldn't miss a meal! She also did not poop for the first 4 days which was quite worrisome. We went back for a weight check on Tuesday and she had lost another 5 oz. I continued to feed her every two hours and pump in between every other feeding. Can you say exhausting??? I either had my child or a pump to my boob about 20 hours of each day. Luckily, when we went back for another weight check two days later, Haisley had gained two ounces and we reduced feedings to every three hours. (I realize this is entirely more information than anybody would ever care to know, but I will want to know it when I look back!) Anyways, we made it through the first week, savoring every second that we have with our sweet baby girl!
Daddy showing Haisley her bedroom. We have yet to spend time beyond changing diapers in her room.
No comments:
Post a Comment