The recommended age for going to the dentist is 2 years old. I have been putting this doctor's visit off for a year for several reasons. Haisley HATES when we brush her teeth, ergo, we don't always get to do a thorough job. Secondly, she is absolutely, completely addicted to her paci. We're talking about she wants it all day everyday. I knew that once we went to the dentist we would most certainly also be taking her paci away. Because we were going to her 3 yr old checkup, and I knew her pediatrician would ask, I went ahead a scheduled the appointment. I suppose I felt so badly about taking Haisley so late, I went ahead a took Benton early. We didn't tell her we were going until the morning of. She cried a little bit, but she stopped soon and was such a big girl. Both babies did absolutely perfect! A lot of worrying for no reason. The dentist did tell us what I was dreading, that we must get rid of the paci. She has done surprisingly well with it. She cried a good bit during the first few naps, but does great at night! As a trade-off for not getting to use a paci, she has now taken up chewing gum. We weren't going to allow her to chew gum until she turned three, but since we took her paci away before three, we let her have the gum early too!






No comments:
Post a Comment