Friday, October 18, 2013

Benton's Arrival!

At 38 weeks pregnant, I was 3 cm and 70 % effaced.  At 39 weeks, I was 3 (almost 4 cm) and 80% effaced.  It was at our 39 week appointment that Dr. Alverson decided that we wouldn't induce the next day (Oct 10), but would rather wait until October 15 so that he would be on call.  Well the Lord had other plans.  We welcomed Benton William Burnette on Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 2:25 pm.  Our precious baby boy weighed 8 lbs, 7.5 oz. and was 21 inches long. 
I was induced with our sweet Haisley and thought that I would have to be with Benton as well.  As mentioned in previous post, I have had contractions, off and on, for about a month.  I thought, here we go again, when I woke up on Sunday at 4:30am with contractions.  It didn't take long for me to realize that this was different and that we might be meeting our second angel baby soon.  Nobody was packed and I definately did not feel prepared to have this love bug.  I called my sweet Amanda to come over and help with Haisley while we tried to get it together.  Of course she came right over and got everything organized and even took Haisley to Aunt Ashley's house...another life savor.  It was so nice not worrying about my baby all day.  I knew she was in great hands.  I tried to take my time getting ready, I didn't want to get to the hospital and be sent home.  My contractions were about 3 minutes apart and there was no staying home another second.  We hauled it to the hospital and I was 5 cm, 90% and was told I could definately stay!  Even better news was that it would only be about an hour before they could give me the epidural.  We had a very easy delivery and we are blessed beyond measure to have two healthy precious babies. 

Some pictures of our hospital stay:


 
8 lbs, 7.5 oz




Head Circumference:  13 1/2 inches

 
Since Dr. Alverson was unable to make an appearance, Dr. Henserling delivered baby boy.

 
Haisley Grace meeting her brother for the first time.  


 
Benton has had several visitors!  He is so loved!




 
Benton brought Haisley all sorts of surprises!  It wasn't long before I was regreting the high heel decision.  






 
Haisley sharing her paci...it hasn't happpened since.  She doesn't want to give that thing up!
 






 
Beautiful flowers from Granddaddy, Nana, Uncle Brad and Aunt Meredith.

 
Sleeping angel.


Getting ready to come home!  We were so excited to start our life as a family of four!






The child does NOT like the car.


Haisley Grace welcoming her baby brother home.  Melts my heart!
 

 
I was beyond ready to have babies under the same roof!




 
It is tricky getting a family picture these days.  This is as good as we could do it!

 
 


 
 
 
 
 

We are beyond thankful and blessed for this little love bug! 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment