Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July Festivities

When I was pregnant with Haisley, and could not sleep, I would lay in bed and think about how we would celebrate each holiday.  For the 4th of July, I envisioned us seeing the fireworks, of course!  Last year, Haisley was a bit too young, so I have been gearing up for this year's fireworks for weeks.  I even planned a festive outfit.  Much to my dismay, it has been raining for the last week, I mean I have seriously been looking for Noah, so all of the fireworks that I had been planning to attend have been canceled. 
So, on the actual 4th, we went to the Ponder's at Lake Martin.  Haisley LOVED swimming with her Daddy in the lake.  It was the coldest July 4th in history (literally), so her lips started turning blue!  She loved cuddling with her Mommy to warm up, and I loved it too!  I let her eat until her heart was content, and she had a ball! 
We had a blast at sweet Harper Lynn's birthday party on Saturday morning.  All the while, my firework dream had not been fulfilled....until....sweet Aunt Ashley invited us to the fireworks at Bama RV Park.  We went home after the party to allow Haisley to take a good nap.  I mean afterall, fireworks can really take it out of a girl.  It was pouring down rain and I was anxiously awaiting the final call on if they were still going to do the fireworks.  That's right, all of this carrying on was all because I wanted my child to see the fireworks.  We went on a walk with the kids, and saw the lights being set up...and I was thrilled.  Uncle Johnathan even surprised us with a boat ride to get the best view of the lights.  We are so thankful to Aunt Ashley and Bamama for allowing us to be a part of their holiday and make my dreams come true!!! 
Here are some pictures of the sweet girls playing before the lights began:

Sweet Payton giving Haisley a new hair style
 
Harper loving her noodle

 
Haisley giving Harper some love


 
Haisley was geared up for the boat ride, and loving the attention from Payton



Haisley was fascinated by the water and boats.  She wanted to go swimming!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment