Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

Easter this year was too fun!  We celebrated our risen Lord!!  We told Haisley all about it; Him dying because He knew we would sin and not make good choices sometimes and that Him dying was the only way we could spend eternity with him.  I think she completely understood.  No, but really, I want her to enjoy hunting eggs and the Easter bunny, but as she grows up, I want her to understand the real reason we celebrate Easter. 

With all that said, we started the Easter weekend by dying eggs.  I had an idea in my head about how it would all go.  It happened nothing like I imagined.  I ended up dying the eggs while Haisley and Daddy played in the yard. 

I know she's dressed really cute.  Since I thought she would be a lot more involved in the dying process, I changed her into appropriate clothes that obviously match very well. 

 
The dying kit came with stickers, and she had a blast playing with them.




 
When she woke up this morning, the Easter bunny had made a stop.





 
She got a "Band in the Box," some M&Ms, books, and money. 
 
We played for a while, then got geared up for church.





After church, JJ came over!  We ate, played dress up, and hunted Easter eggs.  When we got home from church, I wanted her to nap in something other than her Easter dress.  I put her in a shirt that I had when I was about 3 years old from Hardy's Creative Childcare...complete with a picture of my face on it.  And of course, JJ's jewels!



 
Then, the hunt began! 










And at the end of the day, all she really wanted to do was play with rocks!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment