Monday, October 12, 2015

Benton's 2nd Birthday

This wild man is 2!  Oh. My. Goodness. 

My precious baby is such a big boy nowadays.  He is just as wild as ever, talking up a storm, loves adventure and being outside, loves eating!  We are over the moon for you, sweet boy! 

We didn't have a big birthday party for Benton, but since Mark was off of work for Columbus Day, and Haisley was at school, we thought it would be a good time to take him to lunch and give him some individual attention.  He LOVED it!  We ate at Chick-fil-A and he couldn't have been happier about it! 

Nana and Granddaddy gave him a John Deer hat that he literally has not taken off since receiving it.  So precious on him!

So basically, this has been a weekend long celebration!  We went to Bob's Victory Grill with my mom, and they sang to Benton.  He didn't miss a beat on eating.  He acted like it wasn't even happening!  Love this baby boy!

Me and the birthday boy!!

 Benton got a John Deer Gator this year and he LOVES it.  Have not been able to get him off of it since he got it.  He sits on it, drives it, loads/unloads it, and is basically obsessed! 






We finished the day with cake.  







Here are some updates on 2 year old Benton....
Talking:  Benton continues to talk more and is saying more sentences.  I can really make out what he is saying.  He still gets frustrated trying to tell us what he wants at times, but overall it is getting better.  

Eating:  He still loves to eat!  Benton loves chocolate chips, applesauce, green beans, oranges (a new favorite), tomatoes, pepperoni, and anything that is on my plate.  He does not like grapes, cheese, or bread.  

Teeth:  I am currently sitting at the table listen to Benton scream, and I'm pretty sure teething is the problem.  I asked him if his mouth hurt and he said yes and his tantrum stopped when I rubbed his gums.  I don't think that the 2 year molars have popped through yet, but hopefully they aren't far.  On another note, Benton no longer uses a paci!!  We got rid of his a whole year before Haisley got rid of hers.  I consider that a small victory!!!

Sleeping:  Benton still takes around a 2 hour nap each night.  He goes to bed about 7:30 and has been waking up around 5.  This is a nightmare!  I am confident that it is because he is completely soaking wet.  We've tried just about every possible diaper with no success.  Any tips are appreciated!

Tricks:  I cannot even begin to describe the daredevil that Benton is.  He is going to live on the wild side, I can tell.  He does not sit still and LOVES to climb then jump.  Keeps me on my toes.

Size:  Benton is a big boy!   He is in size 2 diapers,  wears mostly size 2 clothes,  and is growing everyday!   He had his 2 year appointment today,  here are his stats...
Weight - 30 lbs, 6 oz ~85%
Height-36.5 in~ 94%
Head Circumference-19.75 in ~92%

Benton is the absolute sweetest big brother that a mommy could ask for.  He loves holding and loving on her. He is the life of the party, keeps me laughing, and is so precious!  We love you more than you will ever know, sweet angel!  Happy Birthday to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment