My sweet Haisley Grace is ONE!! How can this be? I am getting teary eyed as I write this because I have blinked and my sweet angel is a year old. It seems like just yesterday we were driving to the hospital to have this little doll, and now she's been with us a year. How long the days seemed when she cried all day everyday, and how I wish I could have one of those days back! Crazy, I know, to wish for a time when my child screamed all day. I tell Mark all of the time that the time is just going by so quickly, I wish I could slow it down. I can't, so I just enjoy every second I have with my sweet little bit. I even savor the days when she is a bit fussy and nights when she just doesn't want to sleep. I know that she is going to be grown in too short a time, and I have made the choice to enjoy every moment with this precious blessing God has given us!
My sweet girl is an absolute joy to her daddy and I! Unless she is tired, she is a talkative, sweet, precious angel. Seeing that sweet face can turn any bad day around. She has taught us so much in the past year, mainly patience and a tiny glimpse of how much our heavenly Father loves us. I love that sweet angel so stinking much...there are just no words to describe it. She'll never know the love that I have for her until she has her own children someday.
I am sitting here trying to find the words to capture her little..ahem, I mean big personality. All of the personality comes out when she's well rested. Haisley loves attention! If she does something cute, and we laugh, she'll continue to do it because she wants us to laugh even more. She knows what she wants and how she wants it. She's a stubborn little thing. Not laid-back. She looks like her sweet daddy, but acts a tad bit like me! From the day she was born, she was not content laying in the bassinet at the hospital, she wanted to be held. It hasn't changed. That sweet angel loves to hug and cuddle. Fiesty. We have recently had to start disciplining her. She has knocked the lamp off of the end table too many times, and we are concerned for her safety! We pop her little hand when she starts to pull the lamp off by the cord, and she just looks at me with those gorgeous big eyes and laughs. We probably have a long road ahead of us in the discipline department. My mom says that I laugh at her too much, she's just so darn cute, I can't help myself.
Stats:
Weight-17 lb 10 oz-15%
Length-28 inches-15%
Head Circumference-17 inches~15%
Height-for-weight-about 30%
She is a little bit. I'm not sure if the head circumference was measured accurately because it hasn't changed since her nine month appointment.
She is still in size three diapers. She has been wetting her bed just about every night so we are about to go up a size during the night. She is still in size 6 month-9 month clothes.
Eating:
Eating is going MUCH better! The child will eat anything! She hasn't turned her nose up to anything yet. She is feeding herself these days, which is a lot easier on mommy! Her favorites are yogurt, waffles, eggs, cheese, and apples. She especially likes when I give her a big chunk of apple to naw on. She LOVES water out of a sippy cup! She does still get a bottle first thing in the morning and at night, but I know that we've got to cut that out. She is only eating about 10 oz of milk per day. Still breastmilk...I had a lot saved up. Dr. Carter said that we should start transitioning to whole milk, and only give it to her at meals.
Sleeping:
I need help in this department. I've given myself a year to get it under control but I think I need some backup. She goes to bed around seven and gets up about 6:15-With anywhere between 1 and 8 times waking up in between. Naps are going terribly. Getting her to sleep (while rocking) isn't the hard part, making sure she stays asleep when you put her down is a whole different thing. Admittedly, it is 100% my fault. I should have trained her to sleep before she could walk around the crib. Ideally, she takes two naps a day still. Anyone that would like to teach her sleep is welcome!
Tricks:
She is doing so much these days! She can blow kisses, bends down and pops back up to play peek-a-boo, hugs everything and says (awww-weee), walking (still prefers crawling but can walk if she wants to). She goes to get the exact book she wants you to read and will sit in your lap so she can be read to...so sweet!
Talking:
She is talking a lot more, and I can tell that she is really starting to understand what I am telling her. She says dog, Hutch, daddy, hey, bye bye, a version of granddaddy, JJ, uh-oh, cup, and version of thank you. She follows basic instructions, such as "Go get your cup." She'll respond with "yes" and a head nod if I ask her if she wants to read a book. Still does not say mommy.
Teeth:
Haisley cut her four top teeth last week. It was so much fun. Six total.
Some pictures from her month:
No comments:
Post a Comment