Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Haisley's Halloween

Haisley's first Halloween was very exciting! She did not receive any candy, but did come away with forty dollars ($20 from each set of grandparents). I don't recall ever receiving such gifts for Halloween. She must be extra special! JJ brought her first Halloween card over the morning before Halloween, and Haisley was thrilled!
 



 
 
 
Every since I was pregnant with this sweet girl, I have been imagining what her first Halloween costume would be.  I decided that she would be a precious flamingo.  I had this brilliant idea of sewing a hot pink feather boa on a onsie and pink tights...the whole nine yards.  The night before Halloween we went to Lakeview's All Saints Fair, a perfect opportunity to wear her costume.  We waited until right before it was time to leave to put her in the suit.  We figured she would pull all of the feathers out of the boa if we dressed her before.  The costume was a HUGE FAILURE!  Lessons learned...don't try to sew when you have no idea what you're doing, try the costume on before you walk out the door, and don't put a nine month old in a costume completely covered with feathers.  I quickly ripped the boa off the onsie and tied it around her waist.  We all got a good laugh out of it, and made a memory!

 
Mark asked if she was a WomBom for Halloween.  JJ can appreciate that.  You can still track us using the pink feathers as your guide. 
 
The next night we walked downtown for trick-of-treating.  Haisley loved looking at everybody.  There was a LONG line to trick-or-treat.  Next year, we're trick-or-treating with you Presley!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment