Thursday, June 28, 2012

5 Months

Our little toot is 5 months!!! 

Speaking of little toots, she doesn't know her name yet, or either she just choses to ignore me.  She turns when someone else says her name, but I don't know if she actually knows it or is just turning to the sound of a new voice.  It wouldn't shock me if she didn't know it because I call her pet names all the time.  Her little personality is coming out more everyday and it is so much fun!  For the child to not be able to crawl, I certainly feel like she is on the move a lot.  She loves to play in her bouncy thing and on the floor.  Above all else, she likes to be held and try to squirm out of your hands.  She is rotten!!  She is talking a lot more in the last week!  We have been expecting a tooth to pop up any day now, but nothing yet.  She is drooling, not sleeping, and nawing on everything!  She wants to stand up all of the time, and we are still practicing sitting up!  I am guessing that she weighs about 14 lbs.  As mentioned earlier, the sleeping has gone down hill in the last few weeks.  She wakes several times during the night...we're hoping it's just a phase.  She is letting other people hold her now, which gives momma a break.  She is taking most naps in her crib these days thanks to Debra Roberts!!  What an angel?!?  She came over one afternoon when I was at my wits end and put her down for a nap in that crib and she just went to sleep like it was no big deal! She is eating about every 3.5 hours.  I plan on breastfeeding her through her 6 month birthday then weaning her.  I have enough breast milk saved for the remainder of her first year.  We just started her in size 2 diapers, ones still fit, but we ran out and have a lot of 2's so we made the switch!  She is still in 3 month smocked clothes and  3-6 month Carter's clothes. 

We started oatmeal when she turned four months...she didn't (and doesn't) love it.  We tried green beans last night and a I think she likes that more than oatmeal.




We also took a picture of her sweet little legs after her 4 month shots


We didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to this month, but here are the few that we did take...

This is little Haisley Grace, playing in the pool while her granddaddy holds an umbrella over her so she doesn't get too much sun...spoiled.






No comments:

Post a Comment